I did it. The unspoken, terrible, awful thing. The thing I said was creepy and weird. Ahh...can I admit it? Write it down for all to see? Surely you'll understand. Or at least be able to see from my point of view. You don't have to walk around in my shoes, but at the very least, slide them on and see how they feel.
You see this little guy ;) He's a wink. Yes, I admit it. I virtually winked at someone on 'The Match'. I myself can't believe that I actually went through with it. It happened so fast that I didn't even allow myself to think about it. And when I did realize what I'd actually done, I felt a little like a rock star. Dramatic. I know. This, however, is a huge step for me. I'm not a 'put yourself out there' kind of girl. I'm shy and quiet and all those nerdy girl things. I'm awkward. That's what I have going for me. Pure weirdness.
Don't get me wrong, I love myself. I think I'm funny and smart, etc., etc. I'm just a little different and that's okay. So, I'm alone and really just want a little cat for some company. That's cool. Don't confuse alone with lonely. This girl isn't lonely. I have friends and family and books and words. Life is good.
As great as this life is, sometimes it drives me to the edge. My edge is apparently virtual winks. What do I have to lose?
;)
x
Winking Cat Lady
No comments:
Post a Comment